As Singaporeans are looking forward to the Year of the Rooster, you might find yourself feeling anxious about looking great for the upcoming Chinese New Year celebration. Besides trying to impress your family and friends, you’re most likely to want to avoid being teased and mocked for putting on weight. If you’re wondering about the fastest way to lose weight, try one of these:
- Go on a soup cleanse – A three to five days soup cleanse can do wonders for your body. Soup cleanse is all the rage at the moment, and is the preferred choice for dieters as it tends to be more filling, delicious, and comes with either savory or sweet soups. You can either DIY your soup cleanse or find a health food provider that specializes in such cleanse.
- Do a water fast – Though water fast is one of the most extreme ways to lose weight fast, it’s also one of the most effective. Even a week of water fasting can make you lose at least 2kg. As this method may not be for everyone, do a thorough research and consult with your doctor first. Consider other fasting or dieting options if it’s a no-go.
- Avoid artificial sugary drinks – Artificially sweetened drinks like soda can widen your waistline in no time, so best to avoid them whenever and wherever possible, sticking to only natural juices or non-sweetened drinks. If you’re craving something sweet, opt for fruits instead, such as watermelon, peaches, strawberries, grapefruits, or pineapple.
- Go on a juice cleanse – Juice cleanse started trending only recently, and is one of the most preferred options for people to lose weight fast. A juice cleanse is typically done between three to seven days. The juices are different from the regular fruit juices as they’re cold-pressed.
- Do rigorous exercise routine – In order to lose weight within a week, you need to do a cardio for 30 minutes a day. The fastest way to burn calories is for you to either go on a boot camp workout or do cardio kickboxing and spinning. Intense cardio routine that brings your heart rate up will definitely help you in losing weight fast.
Prior to fasting or going on any type of cleanse, always consult with your doctor or health professional first. You also need to take into account other crucial factors like nutritional needs and health condition when you’re trying to lose weight in a short amount of time. Stay away from anything risky and harmful.