Singapore is a sprawling urban center so a lot of companies usually settle for team building events that are held indoors or at run-of-the-mill resorts and establishments. The good news is you don’t have to settle with standard events because there are a lot of outdoor venues in the city where you can hold unique and exciting team building sessions. If you want a great outdoor adventure for your employees, you should consider the following ideas:
- Dragon boat racing at Kallang River. If you are craving for an adrenaline rush, this idea would be perfect for your employees. Divide them into equal teams and have them compete by racing across the river. Boating is a sport that requires coordination and effective communication. If you and your team haven’t done any boating before, don’t worry because there are instructors who will teach you everything you need to know before the races start.
- Nature walk at the MacRitchie Reservoir. The most popular attraction at this reservoir is its Tree Top Walk. As it implies, you walk across artificial bridges that are of the same height as the tree tops. From the bridge, you can view the lush vegetation below. There are also trails in the reservoir where you can observe the surrounding flora and fauna.
- Dive and snorkel at the Sister’s Islands Marine Park. This is a popular site for team building games in Singapore because of the various activities you can do at the park. You can go boating, swimming, scuba diving, and snorkeling.
- Hold scavenger hunts at the Punggol Waterway Park. This park is perfect for scavenger-type events because of the numerous spaces that are open for cycling, jogging, and picnics.
- Spend a day with animals at the Farmart. This one-of-a-kind farm park offers activities like animal feeding, farm tours, and koi fish feeding. The tours can be very educational. There are also spaces in the farm which you can rent for your events.
Team building events are good for boosting morale among your employees. You can maximize the results you get by coming up with ideas that your employees haven’t tried before. The ideas discussed above would be a great start. Conducting the events outdoors allows your employees not only improve their communication skills, it also enables them to momentarily escape the stress associated with office work. In short, outdoor team building activities has both short-term and long-term effects on your employees.